Catfishing and Online Dating Investigation, Trustify – Private Investigators On-Demand
Want to Catch a Catfish?
Submit your case details to request a consultation with a top P. I.
Catfishing & Online Dating Investigations
Online dating has become a common way of meeting people and beginning fresh relationships across the world. For example:
- Ter 2013 it wasgoed estimated that there were overheen Two,500 online dating services ter the U.S. alone.
- 15% of American adults have used an online dating webpagina or dating mobile app. Ter addition, the use of dating sites and apps by youthfull people (Legal to 24 years of age) tripled inbetween 2013 and .
Unluckily, the growth of online dating has also created an chance for shady individuals to take advantage of those seeking romance and companionship online through a practice known spil “catfishing”. This has become increasingly common: a latest sampling of online dating profiles by Sift Science concluded that 10% of fresh dating profiles were phony.
If you’ve bot ter a purely online relationship with someone that you have never met ter person, you should strongly consider a catfish investigation to ensure that they are not hiding or fabricating any opzicht of their identity. A catfishing and online dating investigation by Trustify can help protect you from potentially harmful individuals looking to inflict emotional, financial, or even physical harm.
What is Catfishing?
Catfishing refers to the act of luring someone into an online relationship te order to take advantage of them emotionally, financially, or even physically, for their own private build up. Most often, the culprit ter a catfishing scheme will create a fake profile with an extensive background, photos taken from other profiles, and a network of fake online friendships. The catfisher will often spend a long time luring ter their victim into a relationship that they work to strengthen overheen time. Merienda they have established an emotional hold, they exert control overheen their victim, generally for their own financial build up.
What is a Catfish Investigation/Online Dating Background Check?
A catfish investigation/online dating background check involves employing a private investigator to take a careful look at the life and history of the investigation’s subject to verify their identity, and all other information provided te online profiles, dating websites, and private communications with the client. Te brief, an online dating background check will help you determine if an online persona is vivo, or falsified for the purposes of fraud.
How can you tell if you are being catfished?
Someone who is doing the catfishing could be a lone person doing it just for joy, or it could be part of an organized internationa group with the intent of comitting fraud for purely financial incentive. For a common person, it is hard to tell if the catfisher is ter their basement ter Michigan, or te an underground internet cafe te Nigeria. Either way, there are a few signs that you are being catfished, including:
- The catfisher doesn’t want to speak on the phone or meet te person. Every time you make indeling to get together, even if you suggest travelling to meet them, they have an excuse.
- Lack of pictures on their profile. Sometimes all the pictures the catfisher uses look like they are part of the same seriers, spil if someone wasgoed modeling for a shoot. You should be weary if the person’s pictures all look similar. Their profile should look like anyone else’s with blessed and sad pictures te every day life.
- The person asks you for money after they tell you they love you, or have strong feelings for you.
- They have few friends or followers.
- They get angry when you confront them about them possibly being fake and lounging.
- It just seems too good to be true. This is a rough one, but if deep down it feels like things are too good to be true you should listen to your instints.
Who are Catfish Investigations/Online Dating Background Checks For?
An online dating background check is typically initiated by an individual pursuing a relationship with someone they have met via the internet. Te some cases, however, the check is sought by a relative or close friend of someone pursuing an online relationship out of concern for that person’s well being.
Embarking a Catfish or Online Dating Investigation
Running an online dating background check with Trustify is quick and plain. Every case is assigned a dedicated investigator and Case Manager to assist you every step of the way.
1. Request a Consultation : Submit your case online or by phone to schedule your consultation. Wij’ll ask for the details wij need to get your case matched with an investigator and provide cost estimates.
Two. Raadpleging With Your Investigator : A licensed private investigator will voeling you to talk to you about the purpose and goals of the investigation, and to collect any relevant information about your case. Your investigator will ask you questions like:
- How long have you had a relationship with the background check subject?
- What is the current status of your relationship with the subject?
- Have you met them te person?
- Have you provided the subject with any monetary, financial or other form of assistance?
- How do you communicate (text, emails, instant messaging, telephone, etc.) with the subject?
- Do you have any specific suspicions about the subject?
- What are your expectations and goals ter initiating this background check?
Three. Investigation ter Progress: Methods typically employed by investigators ter catfishing and online dating checks include:
- Identity verification, including aliases and AKAs
- Criminal records search, including wants/warrants, Hook-up Offender Database, inmate/Incarceration records, and more
- Marriage and divorce records search, including marriage licenses, possible domestic criminal charges and related civil litigation, etc.
- Employment verification and history
- Court records search: Including federal, state and lugar criminal and civil courts
- Property, asset, and liability records search
- Extra records: driving records, reference checks, and more
Other investigative methods, such spil physical surveillance, may also be employed if deemed necessary and upon your approval.
Four. Case Updates & Final Report: Your investigator will keep you apprised of all developments te real-time. Upon the conclusion of the investigation, a total written report will be provided along with any court-admissible evidence. Te addition, your private investigator may be available to testify on your behalf te a court of law, if necessary and agreed-upon before the begin of the investigation.
What Investigators Will Not Do
Investigators will not attempt to procure any evidence whose access is prohibited by federal or state law, such spil phone or handelsbank account records. Additionally, your investigator will not knowingly pauze any law or ethical standard while conducting your online dating background check. However, investigators will use all means at their disposition to check the identity of an online persona, and are skilled at spotting crimson flags such spil suspicious patterns of behavior, and will be able to provide a clear recommendation moving forward.